A Prioritization Draw (Draw) was held on 17 December 2012 in Los Angeles to assign priority numbers to all new gTLD applications. Each application was assigned a randomly-drawn priority number. These priority numbers were used to determine the order in which initial evaluation results are released.
The official results of the Draw are available at the Current Application Status page.
- Total tickets sold: 1766 out of 1917 active applications
- Total IDN tickets sold: 108 out of 116
- Selected charities to receive proceeds from the Draw: Kiva Microfunds, Invenio, & Wikimedia Foundation.
For information about the Draw refer to the archived Prioritization Draw landing page.
Batching / Metering Materials
Proposed Prioritization Draw Method for Delegation
- Video Update: Christine Willett, General Manager, New gTLD Program on Prioritization Draw and What's Coming Next. (18 December 2012)
- Announcement: Use of a Drawing for Prioritizing New gTLD Applications (10 October 2012)
- Paper: Use of a Drawing for Prioritizing New gTLD Applications (10 October 2012)
- Comment Forum: Use of a Drawing for Prioritizing New gTLD Applications (10 October 2012)
- Video Explanation: ICANN CEO on the Equitable Prioritization of New gTLD Applications (10 October 2012)
- New gTLD Metering Update Webinar (12 Sept 2012)
- Summary of batching/metering input [PDF, 446 KB] (5 Sept 2012)
- Roadmap for processing new gTLD applications (17 Aug 2012)
- Progress report on new gTLD issues raised in Prague [PDF, 265 KB] (3 Aug 2012)
- Batching input archive
- Batching input solicitation announcement (29 July 2012)
- Batching discussion at the ICANN Prague meeting [PDF, 218 KB] (25 June 2012)