01 November 2013
Auctions are a method of last resort for resolving String Contention for the New gTLD Program, and Power Auctions LLC has been named as ICANN's auction provider.
ICANN is hosting a webinar on 7 November 2013 (22:00 – 23:00 UTC) to discuss the New gTLD Auctions process and invite community feedback on certain elements. The information needed to participate can be found below:
- Adobe Connect: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/newgtldwebinar/
- Dial-in Information:
- US Toll-free: 1-877-941-8268, US Toll: 1-480-629-9655
- International Numbers [PDF, 23 KB]
- Conference ID: New gTLD Auctions (4648210)
- Questions in Advance: send to email@example.com by 5 November 2013
Webinar topics will include an overview of the Auctions process, preliminary key rules and deadline, and proposed timeframes. To help applicants prepare for the webinar, and auctions in general, a preliminary version of the New gTLD Program Auction Rules has been published.
Read the Preliminary Auction Rules [PDF, 235 KB]