Registry Operators (ROs) and applicants that have been invited to Contracting may now apply for an Approved Launch Program. If ICANN approves the application, the new Registry will be allowed to conduct a registration process not otherwise permitted under the Trademark Clearinghouse Requirements [PDF, 168 KB] specified in the Registry Agreement. The process and forms for an Approved Launch Program are available:
Download Approved Launch Program Process & Forms [PDF, 136 KB]
Key points in the Approved Launch Program Process include, but are not limited to:
- Submission Instructions
- An application may be submitted after ICANN invites the RO to begin the Contracting process, but must be received and approved before the RO starts its Sunrise period.
- Applications must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete information must be provided in order to process the request.
- Information on ICANN Review
- In reviewing the application, ICANN may solicit additional information from the RO and/or publish the application for public comment.
- Applications for Approved Launch Programs will be considered by ICANN as outlined in the Process.
Review the Rights Protection Mechanism Requirements [PDF, 168 KB]