14 January 2014
On 9 January 2014, ICANN made a "Required Change" to the Registry Agreement (RA) for new gTLDs to insert URLs in the following sections of the RA (where placeholder text previously existed):
- Section 2.19 (RRDRP – Community TLD only)
- Section 1 of Specification 7 (Trademark Clearinghouse Requirements)
- Section 2(a) of Specification 7 (PDDRP and RRDRP)
- Section 2(b) of Specification 7 (URS)
- Section 2 of Specification 11 (PICDRP).
Read the Documentation
- Updated Registry Agreement (includes URLs) [PDF, 651 KB]
- Blacklined Registry Agreement (shows modifications made to RA to include the URLs) [PDF, 653 KB]
Registries that have signed the RA are being notified directly via email, pursuant to Section 1 of the RA Supplement. Registries need not take any action – the Required Change will incorporate seamlessly into the RA without any further required action by the Registry Operator or ICANN. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.